Warehouse Management System
How To Improvise The Efficiency Of Ecommerce Order Management Process
In eCommerce, customer satisfaction is of the topmost priority. Be it in whatever you do, the aim is to avoid a negative encounter with a customer in every way possible. This includes avoiding a payment issue, missed delivery, and other blunders. In fact, it is easier for the customers to walk out on you in case of a single error also. Hence having an effective eCommerce order management strategy ensures you live up to customers’ expectations.
What is order management?
In simple words, it is a process that involves keeping a track of all the orders and managing the additional process required to fulfil them. It starts right from receiving an order to its delivery and covers almost the whole of the process. But it does not end here! It extends even beyond the delivery including the possible after-sales processes like returns, exchange, etc. In a way, it is highly linked with the customer journey as well as the product journey.
Even a minor slip here and there is not welcoming and so these are a few tips that can help you navigate through it with ease:
- Let’s begin with the basic process: the payment process. If something is not right here, nobody is going to trust your site or business. Hence a trustworthy and reliable payment processor makes all the difference adding value to your overall order management process, thereby fetching you multiple sales.
- Having a listing on multiple sales channels is good. However, ensuring the consolidation of these listings is a must as in the absence of one you might miss out on orders or probably oversell. Again, logging into each of these channels and arranging for manual exportation of orders is not feasible as it consumes a lot of time. Hence an automated order management system is the need of the hour.
- Prioritizing the special orders is a must. For instance, you need to coordinate and notify the eCommerce warehouse in case of an order where the customer has paid for the express delivery for them to give it a priority above all the others. You can also go on to add a special gift and a handwritten thank you note to personalize the customer experience with that special order.
- Ecommerce order fulfilment services rely on two factors: accuracy and speed. Right from order picking and warehouse inventory management to order delivery, everything comes under this. Based on the order, single order, batch picking, wave picking, zone picking methods can be adopted ensuring effective order management.
- After this, it is significant to verify the accuracy of all the orders, paying special attention to the packing aspect to ensure the correctness of the box size and packaging material.
- When the order is finally ready, put the shipping label on it, and do not forget to update your customers with shipping confirmation and tracking emails.
Although there is a lot to each of the touchpoints mentioned above, here we have briefly touched on these tips to ensure that you have a well-consolidated order management system for your eCommerce business luring customers to get back to you again and again!