Well, the storing of products associated with your business can be a major concern, especially at times when you are on the verge of running out of space and money. The 3PL fulfillment services and purchasing your own warehouse options to counter the above-mentioned conditions are now becoming a thing of the past.
With the introduction of on-demand warehousing, businesses are effectively tackling the space and money issues encountered by them. There is no contradicting the fact that to ensure constant growth and development of the company, we need to have more fulfillment centers set up.
On-demand warehousing is making the business operations more efficient, but on the other hand, there are others who consider this concept a complete waste of money and highly risky. In this blog, we will be pondering upon the advantages and disadvantages of on-demand warehousing so that you are stocked with the knowledge to choose the best option suitable for your business.
What Exactly On-Demand Warehousing Means?
On-demand warehousing, as the name suggests, can be considered an online marketplace, which establishes a connection between the companies with extra warehouse space and the businesses that are in dire requirement of warehouse space.
The only thing that metamorphoses it from an e-commerce kind of platform is that the businesses only require the space temporarily and they will be paying rent only if they use the space. Sounds good, right? Anyspaze offers the best on demand warehouse India to your business to escalate growth without spending extra money on warehouse spaces if you do not require it.
Advantages of On-Demand Warehousing
Let’s start the discussion with the advantages of on-demand logistics and on-demand warehousing over the existing warehousing options.
1. Flexibility - The on-demand warehousing model offers extended flexibility to your business in accordance with the requirements of your business. Though there are various models to choose from, one of the most alluring models is the one where the provider of the warehouse acts as a complete fulfillment company. However, you’ll have the choice of which model to move along with.
2. Long-term or Lease Concept Feels Outdated - With the introduction of on-demand warehousing, businesses that are on the path to establishing themselves are able to enjoy the flexibility. What’s the point of settling for a supposed lease of 5 years when the space is not going to change with respect to the business demands.
3. Freedom of Expansion - Not expression, it’s expansion. As the warehouse spaces are expensive and also it is difficult to secure them, businesses are restricted by some constraints. However, on-demand warehousing solves this problem as the retailers won’t require to make risky and hard commitments while they expand their business.
4. No Need to Purchase a Warehouse - Packaging supplies, warehouse equipment, and labor, warehouses are certainly costly and require a huge upfront fee.
5. No Need to Worry About Security - When you choose to work with the best on-demand warehousing services, then you don’t really need to worry about security breaches or investing in a security system. The company that lends you the warehouse space, will be taking the responsibility of providing security to the warehouse.
Disadvantages of On-Demand Warehousing
Moving further to the limitations and cons of on-demand warehousing, let’s proceed.
1. Lack of Control - Well, in simple words, in case the operation managers or in-charge are not professional or as diligent as they need to be in on-demand warehousing. There is no point in saving money if the services are working against you.
2. Less Streamlined Inventory Management - On-demand warehousing is not equipped with many tools and this thing can lead to problems. As inventory management is a key part of the fulfillment process, on-demand warehousing might require you to use a different system and then bring everything together, which can be hard.
3. Chances of Errors - On-demand warehousing service, though may have other benefits, is not an all-rounder when it comes to competition with proper fulfillment services backed with cutting-edge technology.
Why Anyspaze Will be your Best Bet?
No matter what services you desire for your business, Anyspaze will assist you on the path of development and incredible growth. Anyspaze is one of the best warehouse companies in India. We offer services like inventory management, distribution network, order processing, and warehousing, to help you with all your business requirements. Save costs, invest in new opportunities, and expand with Anyspaze by your side.
Read More - On-Demand Warehousing and the Hidden Potential